After final sand primer and painting the interior. Final sand primer has black guide coat spayed on it and ready for finish sanding.
Prep for painting interior
Final sand primer
Priming the deck lid & doors, bodyworking the roof and quarter panels
Fitting the trim and new seats
High build primer
Bodyworking pass side doors
Bodyworking drivers doors
Heavy build primer
Frontend and roof with heavy build primer. Also doing some metalwork passenger rear wheel opening.
Starting bodywork on the front fenders and roof
Both wheel well covers in on each side
Outer trunk floors / wheels wells
Pics of the main floor of the trunk.
Custom headers by Sanderson Headers in San Francisco, California. Trunk floor fabrication.
Mocking up engine placement and completing the driveline tunnel fabrication
Fabricated a new firewall and installing new windshield wiper system.
Inner fender fabrication
Building the inner fenders and starting on the firewall.
The hood with this car had been cut to shit and would have required a ton of labor to fix it. We find this hood and dipped it at our acid dipping plant. It's in great shape. Needs some work to repair rust but will save the owner a bunch of money going this route.
Fabricating Trans tunnel
Fitting trans & drivelive
Tom is making room for the back of the transmission and the driveline. With the size of the engine combined with the ultra low ride height of this car it's making for some extra fabrication for the drive train.
Fitting Engine & Trans
We have the engine suspended in place to check fitting on it and the transmission. You can see Tom hard at work fabricating room for the transmission and drive-line.
The engine the owner has for this car is huge. It's a Ford 460 engine stroked to 532cid. In doing a mockup and fitting for the engine and trans we found it wasn't possible to his engine without altering the hood or crossmember.
Inside the trunk & parts
Here's a look at the work done to the inside of the trunk. Also, a look at the inventory of more parts that came with the car.
Here is what the project looked like when we took over.